The RULG - Ukrainian Legal Group (RULG) has handled the legal work for several high profile telecom deals in Ukraine, representing both international investors and local companies. To cite just a few examples, our experience includes:
- Coordinating with two other law firms in performing a joint due diligence exercise on Ukraine's largest telecom as part of a three-party sale of a controlling interest in the company to a major foreign investor.
- Advising a large Western investor on structuring its sale-and-purchase contract to divest shares in a Ukrainian telecom to another foreign investor.
- Performing due diligence on several Ukrainian telecommunications companies preparatory to our clients investing in or acquiring such companies.
- Advising on the contents, validity and legality of issuance of telecommunications licenses held by various telecom acquisition targets.
- Handling all the negotiations and filings with Ukrainian antimonopoly and unfair competition regulatory agencies in a number of telecommunications deals of size sufficient to raise antimonopoly issues.
- Preparing reports summarizing Ukrainian telecommunications law, including requirements for obtaining telecommunications licenses, for clients interested in investing in the Ukrainian telecommunications sphere.
- Advising a "Big Four" consulting firm on Ukrainian regulations governing the broadcasting of satellite television programs into Ukraine.
- Drafting model contracts for the provision of telecommunications services for use by our clients.
- Researching and preparing written advice regarding various aspects of Ukrainian telecommunications law, in particular with regard to a foreign legal entity acquiring shares in a Ukrainian telecom located in Dnepropetrovsk; preparing pledge and related guaranty arrangements.
- Establishing the Ukrainian subsidiary of a US telecommunications services provider; assisting the subsidiary in obtaining necessary licenses; advising on the structure for forming a joint venture with a local partner.
- Assisting an international company in negotiating a joint venture in Kiev and obtaining a telecommunications license (fiber optic) for a joint venture.