In the insurance industry, our experience includes:
- Assisting a large Western insurance company in its negotiations with a local Ukrainian partner on setting up a joint insurance company in Ukraine.
- Preparing for a leading international insurance company a comprehensive Guide on Entering the Ukrainian Insurance Market, covering among other things the specific regulations applicable to life insurance, and providing follow up advice.
- Representing a major international insurance and re-insurance brokerage company in setting up its subsidiary and representative office in Ukraine, providing full-service support on all legal maters, preparing for and obtaining all necessary regulatory approvals, including working with the Financial Services Markets Regulation Commission to register our client with the Insurance and Reinsurance Brokers Register.
- Providing legal support to another major international insurance brokerage company on various matters related to its existing representative office and subsidiary in Ukraine.
- Advising a leading international insurance company on resident and non-resident insurance operations in Ukraine, and taxation of such operations, including guidance to cover the tax position for a direct insurance business for licensed companies.
- Representing a large European company providing financial services and insurance agent services in various legal matters in Ukraine, including corporate restructuring, regulatory approvals, legal documentation, various types of services contracts, employment issues and other matters.
- Assisting clients in negotiating the terms of their insurance contracts covering movable and immovable property.
- Analyzing insurance contracts covering potential acquisition targets and identifying risks arising from the terms of such contracts (e.g. through gaps in coverage).
- Keeping clients abreast of changes in Ukrainian insurance law, regulations and practice.