Downstream / Project Finance
We also have experience in the areas of downstream operations and project finance. Several representative projects from recent years include:
- Preparing a comprehensive report for a major international bank on Ukrainian law covering secured transactions involving pledged hydrocarbons. Based on our experience in this area, we were also retained by said bank to advise it on several secured transactions for oil transportation entered into under Ukrainian law, as well as under the laws of Georgia and Azerbaijan.
- Advising an independent U.S. oil & gas company on various aspects of natural gas purchase, storage, and transportation through Ukraine and on the export of natural gas outside Ukraine.
- Advising a major Russian oil & gas company on its joint venture project with Ukrainian partners aimed at building and operating an oil transportation terminal at one of Ukraine's seaports.
- Representing international investors in several electric energy distribution projects in Ukraine, including setting up an electric energy distribution infrastructure.
- Contributing materials and comments on the subject of natural gas transportation regulations to the Energy Charter Secretariat's Report on Regulation of International Natural Gas Transportation (Country Report Ukraine), which is an integral part of the Energy Charter Secretariat's "Regulation of International Natural Gas Transportation" project.
- Preparing a comprehensive study and advice on various aspects of natural gas purchase, storage and transportation (including cross-border) in Ukraine.