The RULG - Ukrainian Legal Group (RULG) routinely advises its corporate clients on matters of labor and employment law. Our expertise in this field led Mercer Human Resource Consulting, the consulting arm of Marsh & McLennan, to choose RULG as its preferred provider of Ukrainian labor law advice used in preparing its annual Worldwide Benefit and Employment Guidelines reports, which include a detailed description of Employment Conditions, Statutory Benefits and Typical Benefits Practice in Ukraine.
You may read the Ukraine, Employment Conditions section of the Mercer's 2012 Worldwide Benefit & Employment Guidelines, Central & Eastern Europe - Ukraine.
RULG contributed the Ukraine section to the Global Survey on Regulation of Cross-border Layoffs, prepared by Legalink, international network of top-tier independent law firms. The Survey is available for download or can be read at the Legalink's Web site.
To cite just a few examples, our practical experience in the field of labor and employment law includes:
- Assisting corporate clients with preparing the best employment structure, internal regulations and practices tailored for their individual needs.
- Drafting collective labor agreements for staff.
- Drafting model employment agreements for use in hiring for regular positions, drafting employment specifications for various positions.
- Drafting individual employment contracts tailored to companies' requirements when hiring top management.
- Advising on how best to modify global master employment agreements to accommodate the specific requirements of Ukrainian and Russian law.
- Advising companies on how to conduct layoffs and terminate the employment of individual employees in compliance with Ukrainian labor laws.
- Adjusting global employment policies to Ukrainian legislation and practice.
- Carrying out internal labor law compliance audits and preparing recommendations for improving employment documentation and practices.
- Representing corporate clients in labor disputes, including litigation, mediation and dispute settlement.
- Assisting representatives of U.S. and European businesses in obtaining visas and work permits for their employees in Ukraine.