Mergers & Acquisitions
We have been helping our clients to buy and sell companies since we first set up our practice in Ukraine in 1992. Our M&A experience includes:
- Performing in-depth due diligence of M&A targets (including on debts, other liabilities, assets, pledged property, litigation, labor obligations, title to land and other assets, IP rights, etc.)
- Structuring deals.
- Drafting documentation, e.g., share purchase agreements, ownership interest assignment, etc.
- Drafting documents and carrying out practical steps to secure deals.
- Working on real estate aspects of M&A projects.
- Preparing legal opinions.
- Assessing antitrust aspects of M&A and obtaining antimonopoly clearance.
- Coordinating actions with other law firms in cross-border transactions governed by the laws of foreign countries in addition to Ukrainian law (e.g., Russian, EU or U.S. laws).
- Transfer of licenses, rights and titles, including IP rights.
- Dealing with relevant disputes.
- Handling negotiations with counterparties and government regulators and obtaining the necessary regulatory approvals and licenses.
- Dealing with special complications (such as the acquisition of shares burdened by conditions of privatization and other peculiarities of Ukrainian national law or local regulation).
- Working on implementation of conditions precedent and conditions subsequent.
- Coordinating with custodians, banks, and share registrars.
- Transaction closings.
Post-acquisition: absorption or assimilation, restructuring, management, etc.
According to PLC Which lawyer? Yearbook 2009, the RULG - Ukrainian Legal Group is "recognized" in the M&A area. RULG President Dr. Irina Paliashvili has been included in the U.S. based Best Lawyers® publication list of leading lawyers for 2009 as the best lawyer in the M&A area for Ukraine.