Land & Construction
The RULG - Ukrainian Legal Group (RULG) routinely advises our corporate clients on land and real estate matters and has extensive experience in the construction sector. To cite just a few examples, our practical experience in these fields includes:
- Advising numerous Western companies on real estate and land law issues under Ukraine's Land Code, relevant to their planned acquisitions of Ukrainian target companies.
- Assisting in the purchase, sale, lease and mortgage of land plots and immovable property (real estate) at numerous occasions and for many clients.
- Participating in numerous due diligence efforts that included due diligence of real estate and land.
- Advising a major European truck manufacturer and a U.S. construction equipment manufacturer on the legal aspects of constructing maintenance workshops in Ukraine, including advising on real estate and land allocation.
- Negotiating a land plot lease for the above-mentioned European truck manufacturer; obtaining construction permits for the maintenance workshops.
- Advising a major Western construction management company regarding conducting its operations through a representative office in Ukraine and obtaining a construction license for the company.
- Representing a Canadian investor in purchasing land outside Kiev for the construction of a new industrial storage plant.
- Assisting U.S. investors with several projects involving the acquisition of land plots within the Kiev City limits for the purpose of constructing non-residential premises.
- Representing an Austrian company to protect its rights to a building and land plot located in Kiev.
- Providing legal support to the firm's international corporate clients; negotiating their lease or purchase of office premises; in case of a dispute, representing them in relevant disputes in the course of litigation and settlement negotiations.